Tiny Tiny IRC is an open source AJAX-powered IRC client. The idea behind this being that you don't need either client software or even a stable network connection to stay connected to IRC, just keep the site opened to see new messages.
You can also use Android client to stay connected on the go, all without slow pesky reconnects because of mobile data connection instability.
- Supports multiple users and multiple IRC network connections per user
- Has basic IRC client functionality and some additional niceties
- Supports interface translations (work in progress)
- Supports WebKit notifications
- Can be easily styled and themed with user CSS
- Uses AJAX (with faux-PUSH updates) for fast and responsive operation
- Free software, licensed under GNU GPL
- Android client
- HTTP server (anything that can run PHP will work, for example Apache)
- PHP5 (requires compiled-in support for iconv, PostgreSQL and JSON functions)
- Java (see JavaDependencies) to run backend connection server (see RunningConnectionDaemon).
- PostgreSQL 8.3+ (MySQL is not supported because of JDBC unicode and other issues, don't enable it).
- Any modern browser should work fine.
Download tarball (Github trunk code)
Please read the installation guide before installing.
Trunk code is available on Github