Official Tiny Tiny RSS client for Android¶
You have to enable API access in your tt-rss account preferences (Preferences -> Enable external API) before using the client.
- Can use self-signed SSL certificates
- Connect to tt-rss API behind HTTP Basic authentication
- Separate interfaces for tables and smartphones
- Offline mode with image caching
Not immediately obvious UI things¶
- Switch current view mode (e.g. adaptive, unread, starred, ...) by pressing
Menu button -> Set view modewhile viewing headlines
- Go directly to article pager if you set
[x] Browse categories like feedsand
Default article view -> browse articles
- Long-tap on a feed/category for some additional options, including marking as read and switching display method for selected feed - e.g. show articles, show headlines, show underlying feeds
- Icons: envelope icon while browsing articles means toggle unread, page icon while browsing feeds toggles displaying feeds with no new articles
My device shows black boxes when rendering articles and/or other graphical glitches¶
I'm afraid your device doesn't work properly. Play with compatibility options in Settings - Debugging, those might help. This usually applies to random chinese half-assed devices or those running 2.3.
Commonly requested features which are unlikely to happen¶
Don't ask for this on the issue tracker.
- Notifications (you have X new unread articles)
- Seamless offline mode without preloading/syncing
I want to only see unread / starred / etc articles¶
While browsing headlines, Menu -> Set view mode
I'm using an old tt-rss version (1.5.x) and I can't login using android client, it always returns login incorrect¶
The reason for this being older tt-rss versions do not support passing API parameters using JSON. This small diff adds support for this and makes this client (and possibly other clients) compatible.
"Trust any certificate" opens me to MITM attacks, please add custom keystore/certificate/whatever support¶
If you care about security so much, get a proper SSL certificate.
Source code is available on Github
Download binaries from Android Market
Licensed under GNU GPL version 2.