Ignoring the following rules will get your account locked and ticket deleted. Read this page in its entirety before submitting tickets.¶
Before creating a ticket¶
Bug reports and other problems¶
- Check the FAQ and search for your problem on the forum and the issue tracker.
- Try to eliminate client-side problems first: empty your browser cache, try starting without addons in "Safe" mode, etc.
- Disable plugins (
Preferences -> Plugins) to verify that the problem is not with one of them. It is especially important to disable third party plugins, as those are not updated with tt-rss and not supported here.
- Provide complete explanation of the problem, with all related information you might think of.
- Include at least the following: browser version, client and server operating systems, http server, database server, PHP version, tt-rss version.
- Only pristine source from Github is supported. If you have modified any of the files or are using third-party packages, download pristine source and verify the issue still exists.
- In case this wasn't obvious, issue tracker is for supported platforms only.
Feature request tickets¶
Please understand that bloating up core tt-rss functionality with tasks better solved by individually developed plugins is a bad idea and it's not going to happen.
You can discuss or request plugins on the forums
Android app issues¶
- Android client issues go on a separate issue tracker.
- Due to google's platform ecosystem being terrible and developer-hostile it is impossible to support any random broken device/screwed up OS build/h4x0red custom firmware/launcher/task killer/any random software combination which may affect tt-rss app. So unless the issue you are reporting can be reproduced on a clean android emulator, don't expect me to do anything about it.
- Only Google Play binaries are supported. Don't forget to provide APK version. If you are using anything else, retry with latest trunk and/or provide complete information on the last commit you were building against.
There are several conditions which automatically disqualify you from support¶
SELF_USER_AGENT(feed-update related issues only)
- Disabling any of the checks in
Automatic bug reports from the Fatal Error dialog¶
If you have used the "Report to tt-rss.org" function, please include the reference URL of the report when opening a ticket or on the forums.
Сreate a new branch in your tree using latest master trunk tree, make the required changes and use the resulting clean patch for the pull request and/or bugtracker ticket.
Please indent source using tabs
(\t). Use unix line endings
(\n). Please conform to the general code style used for everything else.
Thanks to everyone who submits patches for tt-rss. This is the best kind of support.