web EPUB reader using EPUB.js, Bootstrap, and Calibre.
- responsive design
- relies on HTTP Authentication provided by httpd
- has transparent offline mode via service workers
- can optionally store files locally for later reading
- supports word definition lookups using dictd
- supports Chrome homescreen "app mode"
sqlite3 db/scratch.db < schema.sql
scratch.dband its containing folder (i.e.
db/) are writable by the application, normally this means chown-ing them as
www-dataor whatever user your httpd is running under.
chown www-data db/ db/sratch.db
config.phpand edit path to Calibre, etc.
Setup HTTP Basic authentication for epube directories. This is required, even if you're the only user.
- Calibre books directory and metadata.db
- Hires favicon by Flaticon - https://www.shareicon.net/business-school-material-open-book-education-leisure-reader-reading-794233
- Normal favicon from Silk icon pack - http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/
GNU GPL version 3.