{"error":{"code":7}}

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
drmartin
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

{"error":{"code":7}}

Postby drmartin » 20 May 2013, 01:09

Hey

Been having some issues with logging in using Chrome on a newly upgraded TT-RSS from 1.7.8 to 1.7.9.

Error: {"error":{"code":7}}

I've tried clearing all browsing history. I've also been able to recreate the error in Safari (although it initially worked) and on Windows-based Chrome. I can't recreate the error on Firefox.

I've also tried all of these steps from the FAQ:
1. Force logout by opening tt-rss/public.php?op=logout
2. Delete all session cookies from your tt-rss domain, e.g. ttrss_sid and ttrss_sid_ssl.
3. If that didn't help, delete everything from ttrss_sessions table in the database.

Any input would be much appreciated. :)

Martin

drmartin
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: {"error":{"code":7}}

Postby drmartin » 01 Jun 2013, 16:37

I've pinpointed the issue to the Lastpass plugin. If I disable the plugin I can login without any difficulty. I'm trying to figure out what the correlation is, but if anyone has any ideas don't be afraid to say. ;)
M

LifeWOutMilk
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby LifeWOutMilk » 01 Jun 2013, 21:49

No idea, but I use LastPass on Chrome, Firefox and Opera without issue. Perhaps try re-installing LastPass? Or possibly it's not really LastPass that is the problem, but an interactive between LastPass and another extension you have installed?

bram85
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby bram85 » 08 Dec 2013, 18:28

Using the Lastpass extension in Chrome. I have no trouble with logging in into tt-rss, but configuring filters is pretty much broken. Creating or editing filters fails silently. When testing a filter you'll get the error code 7 message like mentioned above.

When I disable the Lastpass plugin, everything works fine.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 08 Dec 2013, 18:34

maybe, just maybe, lastpass should fix their obviously broken extension then

just saying

bram85
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby bram85 » 08 Dec 2013, 22:08

Of course, I don't expect you to fix someone else's mess. My message was for those people who Googled this error message and ended up here.

fox

Postby fox » 08 Dec 2013, 22:27

I've linked this thread in the faq btw.

regolith
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby regolith » 26 Dec 2013, 19:54

Thanks for this pointer about lastpass being the problem. I've found a workaround besides disabling the whole plugin: edit your tt-rss site in lastpass and check "Disable Autofill". Saving preferences now works for me at the cost of a couple extra clicks to log in.

jdelamater99
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby jdelamater99 » 26 Dec 2013, 22:39

That's a good tip.

So, is it only the auto-fill feature that is causing the problem? You can still use LP to manually fill in the fields?

regolith
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby regolith » 28 Dec 2013, 01:32

Yes, I can click the lastpass toolbar icon, then the site name to get the menu, then Autofill to fill in the login info. Alternately, right-click the login field, go to lastpass, autofill, then pick the site name.

chioubaca
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby chioubaca » 06 Jan 2014, 14:17

My two cents: I was experiencing the same problem using the password manager plugin 1password on Firefox.
Following the advice in this thread I tried to enter my password manually and it works well.

I think there is definitely a point to discuss concerning password managers and tt-rss.

Besides, I just migrated from feedly to tt-rss and I'm really impressed by it, a big thank you to all who made this possible :)

jdelamater99
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby jdelamater99 » 06 Jan 2014, 22:01

I find it weird that password managers sometimes cause this problem. I use lastpass, and have it autolog me in, and I don't have this problem.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with a bug in the browsers not correctly handling form fields that haven't received focus. I've seen a few times on password change pages that have you repeat the password to confirm you didn't mistype the pw, when using the password generator, it will sometimes show that the passwords don't match until you give each field focus, then it will show that they are matching.

Xpermental
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Xpermental » 10 Jan 2014, 11:45

I've had this issue and was able to resolve it by disabling lastpass' auto-relogin, by going into setting and unchecking "Automatically login to sites if time since last login > (seconds)" under advanced

fox

Postby fox » 10 Jan 2014, 11:56

Most probably this means that terrible extension or whatever you are all using can't submit tt-rss login form properly.

tob
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby tob » 09 Feb 2014, 14:14

Here is a workaround for 1Password in Safari.

When you saved your password while setting it, it will always submit op=admin instead of op=login, which leads to the error. Since version 4 you can no longer edit all the form fields, so you have to go to the regular login form, enter the values manually, and save it as a new login. 1P should ask about that after you submit.

The reason you almost never see problems like this is that few web apps still use the silly old "a single .php URL and a parameter to tell it what to do" way.

Return to “Support”