{"error":{"code":7}}

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
seq
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: {"error":{"code":7}}

Postby seq » 26 Feb 2014, 22:16

tob wrote:Here is a workaround for 1Password in Safari.

When you saved your password while setting it, it will always submit op=admin instead of op=login, which leads to the error. Since version 4 you can no longer edit all the form fields, so you have to go to the regular login form, enter the values manually, and save it as a new login. 1P should ask about that after you submit.

The reason you almost never see problems like this is that few web apps still use the silly old "a single .php URL and a parameter to tell it what to do" way.

That was the fix for lastpass as well, except you can still edit form fields with the current extension. It had saved all input fields, possibly during a different activity (change password? Create user?), which included setting the value of the hidden "op" input field to something other than "login". Editing the site entry, clicking the (somewhat hard to see) "Edit form fields" link, and removing all form entries solves it. Auto-fill and auto-login work correctly now as they only paste the user & password, and don't overwrite the contents of "op" (or any other fields).

I expect that folks who are not having issues with lastpass/1password/etc either created their site entry manually (thus no saved form fields), or have "op" set to "login", which would let login work but potentially cause non-login related problems later (preferences page was mentioned).

Radioraheem
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Radioraheem » 25 Mar 2014, 21:40

I also ran into this error when attempting to change themes (login worked fine, didn't see this error until I entered prefs and attempted to save changes with the new theme selected). At first I thought it was the typical recent upgrade scenario as described in the FAQ, but the suggested fixes didn't change anything so I wound up here. Have no issues with my login, but as soon as I disabled the Lastpass extension it allowed me to save prefs with the new theme selected.

Like the OP, not expecting fox to do anything about this, just leaving it for future reference. I'm rebuilding any saved entries in lastpass by hand per the other feedback here.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 25 Mar 2014, 22:02

It's in the FAQ even.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 25 Mar 2014, 22:14

Radioraheem wrote:I also ran into this error when attempting to change themes (login worked fine, didn't see this error until I entered prefs and attempted to save changes with the new theme selected). At first I thought it was the typical recent upgrade scenario as described in the FAQ, but the suggested fixes didn't change anything so I wound up here. Have no issues with my login, but as soon as I disabled the Lastpass extension it allowed me to save prefs with the new theme selected.

Like the OP, not expecting fox to do anything about this, just leaving it for future reference. I'm rebuilding any saved entries in lastpass by hand per the other feedback here.

I'm thinking lastpass is just weird.

I personally like passwordmaker, it makes up a unique strong password for every site, like D&-"y]v%+|kz, based on general rules you define, (by default, a combination of the domain name a on a master password, which is the only password that is needed to be remembered.

jdelamater99
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby jdelamater99 » 26 Mar 2014, 07:04

That's essentially what LastPass is. A password generator and manager. The login issue only presents itself if auto login is checked. Uncheck that box for the site, and problem goes away.
Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 10.54.53 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 10.54.53 PM.jpg (42.45 KiB) Viewed 3346 times

vip
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby vip » 25 Jun 2014, 19:29

To all having problems with saving preferences (e.g. updating plugins, settings, etc), please edit your Lastpass entry for your site, go to edit form fields, and remove op login field.

TTSynoUser
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby TTSynoUser » 13 Jul 2015, 05:51

Make this one Sticky please... the LastPass post isn't obvious enough.... ;-)

Return to “Support”