Full Google Reader Backup

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
cqrt
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Full Google Reader Backup

Postby cqrt » 29 Jun 2013, 20:25

This should probably belong in knowledge base but in a few days it will be obsolete. Former Google Reader engineer, Mihai Parparita, has created some python scripts that will enable you to download you entire Google Reader content, including subscriptions, notes, starred items, shared items, liked items, the list of followers, people you were following, the items shared by the people you were following and also including the entire content of the posts from your subscriptions. If you have a lot of subscriptions, make sure you have plenty of storage space available.

Mihai is also apparently working an interface so you can browse your backup at your own leisure.

Source: googlesystem.blogspot.com

gbcox
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Re: Full Google Reader Backup

Postby gbcox » 29 Jun 2013, 21:23

Better late than never I guess... but considering folks have about 48 hours to get on this it's almost too late.
There is a post here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1962
which covers how to get your feed data out of google reader and into TTRSS. @robinmarlow and @lotrfan made it so you can get that data back into TTRSS.
I only had a few feeds that I really wanted all that data, so did it selectively. Worked great. You need to be sure to use @lotrfan's version of import-export init.php or it won't work. Also, unless you want alot of duplicates, simply delete the feed on ttrss first, then import your data from google reader. Would be nice if lotrfan's changes could be incorporated into the import-export plugin - would eliminate a gotcha...

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Full Google Reader Backup

Postby fox » 29 Jun 2013, 23:00

cqrt wrote:This should probably belong in knowledge base

Look at the page header. Does it say "random musings about google reader forum"? If not, maybe it's not supposed to be here at all.

Edit: op, consider this a warning, thread locked

Return to “Support”