Is feed updating stopped after some time without login?

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
benedetto
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Is feed updating stopped after some time without login?

Postby benedetto » 13 Mar 2014, 16:08

To explain the problem I first will have to describe my account setup.

In my TTRSS installation I make use of two accounts, where account 1 is my bread and butter account that I use all day to read the stuff I'm interested in. Beside that I have a second one (account 2), that fetches feeds from nearly a hundred sources and filters the articles for certain key words as only about 1% of the information there is of interest for me. The filtered articles are assigned with a label and I use the label's RSS feed to import it into my daily use account (account 1). So ideally account 2 should run unattended and I should not have to log into it unless I have to adjust its behaviour (add new feeds, change filter rules...).

Unfortunately every now and then (I did not check that exactly, but I would guess about once in a month) the feed imported from account 2 does no longer show any updates. As I then log into account 2 I recognize that the "last fetched" timestamp of the feeds included there is fairly older than the update interval. As soon as I force updating one of the feeds included there, all the feeds get updated afterwards and everything runs smoothly again, until some month or so later the same thing happens.

So my question is, is there some built-in mechanism or limit that stops feed updating if an account has not seen any log ins for a certain time?

I use the update daemon, if this makes any difference.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Is feed updating stopped after some time without login?

Postby fox » 13 Mar 2014, 16:25

Try reading the configuration file.

benedetto
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby benedetto » 14 Mar 2014, 16:01

I did so but couldn't find anything that appears to related to my issue. So I would be thankful for any hint on what term I should search for.

fox

Postby fox » 14 Mar 2014, 20:10

Right, my mistake actually, this is not anymore defined in config.php-dist. You need to override DAEMON_UPDATE_LOGIN_LIMIT which defaults to 30 (days). Setting it to 0 in config.php will disable this limitation.

rom
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby rom » 08 Jan 2017, 22:21

I stumbled over this problem today. After reading through the config.php-dist file without any luck, I fortunately found this post. I would suggest to include the DAEMON_UPDATE_LOGIN_LIMIT definition back into the config.php-dist file, just in case someone is to lazy to search the forum for about 30 minutes.

fox

Postby fox » 09 Jan 2017, 08:57

i'm not adding it to config.php but this probably deserves a honorable faq mention

Return to “Support”