Session not remembered with Fluid app

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
bobcote
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Session not remembered with Fluid app

Postby bobcote » 21 Apr 2014, 07:16

Hi,

I'm using TT-RSS on my Mac using the Fluid app to have it always at reach.

The problem is that even if I check to remember me, every time I return I have to enter my super long secure password. I use the paid and latest version so my cookies are independent from Safari.

I read on Feedly blog that they had to modify something on their side to solve the same problem: http://blog.feedly.com/2013/07/01/creat ... ent-112766

Thank you

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Session not remembered with Fluid app

Postby fox » 21 Apr 2014, 08:29

Modifying something on my side to fix some mac app I never heard about is on top of my priorities.

bobcote
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby bobcote » 21 Apr 2014, 20:17

fox wrote:I remember adding badge support for fluid in like 2009. Still alive, eh.

Well, I'm not asking it to be a priority, just pointing out it could be a useful improvement for Mac users that like to have a standalone TT-RSS Mac app with the help of Fluid. I paid for the TT-RSS Android app but find myself reading my feeds most of the time on my Mac, so for me it would definitely be nice to have Fluid work well with TT-RSS. I'm not even saying that there is in the end really something to correct in TT-RSS, merely that I have a problem and maybe the the problem and fix could be similar to what another web feed reader had in the past with Fluid.
Have a look to it whenever fits you.

Thank you for TT-RSS and your time.

feader
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby feader » 21 Apr 2014, 20:48

Fluid mostly works fine here. Maybe your cookie lifetime is too short, check SESSION_COOKIE_LIFETIME in your config.php.

I only have trouble when the session ends, e.g. when the cookie's lifetime is up or my IP address changed. I think I can recall that Safari/WebKit has trouble to save the name/password because of something on the login page, and someone posted a fix on the forum. But I'm not sure about that, maybe try a search.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 21 Apr 2014, 23:01

I don't have access to any mac computers anymore so I can't really test it anyway. If it works in a regular browser properly (i.e. sessions persist through browser restart) then it's something with the app. I too suggest checking cookie-related stuff in config.php.

e: to the quote above, yeah I remember now, the badge code is still in place even.

Return to “Support”