Continuous 'Session failed to validate (incorrect IP)'

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
Alwayshungry
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Continuous 'Session failed to validate (incorrect IP)'

Postby Alwayshungry » 30 Apr 2015, 15:57

My tt-rss installation fails to log in and is in a continuous cycle of 'Session failed to validate (incorrect IP)'. I tried to send the generated error report, but it failed to save due to missing parameters.

I have copied the error report here:

{"request":{"options":{"method":"post","asynchronous":true,"contentType":"application/x-www-form-urlencoded","encoding":"UTF-8","parameters":{"op":"rpc","method":"sanityCheck","hasAudio":true,"hasMp3":true,"clientTzOffset":-7200,"hasSandbox":true},"evalJSON":true,"evalJS":true},"transport":{"onabort":null,"onerror":null,"onload":null,"onloadend":null,"onloadstart":null,"onprogress":null,"ontimeout":null,"timeout":0,"readyState":4,"withCredentials":false,"upload":{"onabort":null,"onerror":null,"onload":null,"onloadend":null,"onloadstart":null,"onprogress":null},"responseText":"","responseXML":null,"responseType":"","response":"","status":0,"statusText":""},"url":"backend.php","method":"post","parameters":{"op":"rpc","method":"sanityCheck","hasAudio":"true","hasMp3":"true","clientTzOffset":"-7200","hasSandbox":"true"},"body":"op=rpc&method=sanityCheck&hasAudio=true&hasMp3=true&clientTzOffset=-7200&hasSandbox=true","_complete":true},"transport":{"onabort":null,"onerror":null,"onload":null,"onloadend":null,"onloadstart":null,"onprogress":null,"ontimeout":null,"timeout":0,"readyState":4,"withCredentials":false,"upload":{"onabort":null,"onerror":null,"onload":null,"onloadend":null,"onloadstart":null,"onprogress":null},"responseText":"","responseXML":null,"responseType":"","response":"","status":0,"statusText":""},"readyState":4,"status":0,"statusText":"","responseText":"","headerJSON":null,"responseXML":null,"responseJSON":null}

[email protected][native code]
[email protected]://tt-rss.brainfood.bz/index.php:274:21
[email protected]://tt-rss.brainfood.bz/index.php:65:514
[email protected]://tt-rss.brainfood.bz/lib/prototype.js?1413913522:1617:62
[email protected]://tt-rss.brainfood.bz/lib/prototype.js?1413913522:1547:31
http://tt-rss.brainfood.bz/lib/prototyp ... 522:393:28

I would be grateful for any hints and suggestions.

Alwayshungry
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Continuous 'Session failed to validate (incorrect IP)'

Postby Alwayshungry » 01 May 2015, 22:30

It seems this error was caused by an invalid theme, because if I only allow the default css in index.php on line 68,

I can log into my tt-rss again.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, as to why these lines in index.php:

if ($theme && theme_valid("$theme")) {
echo stylesheet_tag("themes/$theme");
} else {
echo stylesheet_tag("themes/default.css");
}

triggers an error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function theme_valid() in /tt-rss/index.php on line 68

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 01 May 2015, 23:39

i recommend switching to feedly

Alwayshungry
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Alwayshungry » 04 May 2015, 09:17

The advantage of using tt-rss means, I am not dependent on other services such as feedly or even worse Google Reader, which was discontinued. So, I would rather resolve this.

durval
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby durval » 21 Aug 2015, 18:45

Hi,

Alwayshungry wrote:The advantage of using tt-rss means, I am not dependent on other services such as feedly or even worse Google Reader, which was discontinued. So, I would rather resolve this.

I fully agree, having chosen TT-RSS over the alternatives (including feedly) for exactly this reason. And I must say I'm appalled by the developer (Andrew/"fox") response: if he doesn't want to maintain his product anymore, the proper thing to do would be to announce this far and large, stop accepting money for purchases of the Android TT-RSS app (which, incidentally, I purchased) and search for another maintainer.

BTW: I had the same error you posted above, and found this thread while looking for a response. I finally "solved" it following the indications at another thread (from the time that Fox at least tried to be helpful): viewtopic.php?t=2051#p20755.

Cheers,
--
Durval.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 21 Aug 2015, 19:38

durval wrote: And I must say I'm appalled by the developer (Andrew/"fox") response: if he doesn't want to maintain his product anymore,

all the maintenance in the world can't fix stupid user tricks.

fox

Postby fox » 21 Aug 2015, 19:51

durval wrote:Hi,

Alwayshungry wrote:The advantage of using tt-rss means, I am not dependent on other services such as feedly or even worse Google Reader, which was discontinued. So, I would rather resolve this.

I fully agree, having chosen TT-RSS over the alternatives (including feedly) for exactly this reason. And I must say I'm appalled by the developer (Andrew/"fox") response: if he doesn't want to maintain his product anymore, the proper thing to do would be to announce this far and large, stop accepting money for purchases of the Android TT-RSS app (which, incidentally, I purchased) and search for another maintainer.

BTW: I had the same error you posted above, and found this thread while looking for a response. I finally "solved" it following the indications at another thread (from the time that Fox at least tried to be helpful): viewtopic.php?t=2051#p20755.

Cheers,
--
Durval.

what

disconn3ct
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby disconn3ct » 21 Aug 2015, 20:28

fox wrote:what

I understand your confusion and I think I can help. What we have here is a unicorn - stupid user problem but the user actually searched first.

AngryChris
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby AngryChris » 22 Aug 2015, 02:06

durval wrote:Hi,

Cheers,
--
Durval.

He does maintain it. Personally, I don't see how he has time to do other things, the commits are so frequent. He's just not fixing your issue. He accepts pull requests (although probably not from you) and the project is open source. Fix your own shit if he can't/won't. Fox isn't a company, he's not a "Project", he's a dude doing this for himself and his friends and he's gracious enough to let you in on it. Don't be a dip.

I don't see what the Android app has to do with the server backend, anyway.

And read this thread: Question about the forum: Why are you all assholes?

durval
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby durval » 24 Aug 2015, 19:51

Come on, sleeper_service, angrychris and disconn3ct: where exactly have I been stupid? I've not only searched, but worked around the issue, and posted the solution here and on the other thread.

And I'm not complaining about the developer not fixing "my issue" (not really "mine", as there are at least two other people with the problem, see this thread and the other one I linked above). What I'm pointing is that it's very innapropriate for a developer to tell you to use some other product after you've made the hard decision and invested all the time and effort to use the one he is supposed to maintain. I agree that fox is not obligated to fix anything: it's all voluntary, after all, and I'm grateful for the effort he has already put, and continues to put, into TT-RSS, which is software I use daily, and with lots of success. But I think that attitude is entirely regrettable.

Cheers,
--
Durval.

fox

Postby fox » 24 Aug 2015, 22:36

you do realize that as of a few days ago ip checking is no longer in trunk right

also you could've disabled it altogether if it didn't work right on your shit hosting or w/e you're using

i mean if we step back from your whine flood a bit and start noticing things

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 25 Aug 2015, 02:26

durval wrote:Come on, sleeper_service, angrychris and disconn3ct: where exactly have I been stupid? I've not only searched, but worked around the issue, and posted the solution here and on the other thread.

And I'm not complaining about the developer not fixing "my issue" (not really "mine", as there are at least two other people with the problem, see this thread and the other one I linked above). What I'm pointing is that it's very innapropriate for a developer to tell you to use some other product after you've made the hard decision and invested all the time and effort to use the one he is supposed to maintain. I agree that fox is not obligated to fix anything: it's all voluntary, after all, and I'm grateful for the effort he has already put, and continues to put, into TT-RSS, which is software I use daily, and with lots of success. But I think that attitude is entirely regrettable.

perhaps feedly is the best answer for you... they've got people doing support that probably pretend to care what you think.

durval
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby durval » 26 Aug 2015, 03:42

fox: again, I was not complaining about the issue per se (please notice, I had already solved it, and even posted the detailed solution here). What I was complaining is your devil-may-care attitude of telling people that invested time and resources into TT-RSS to go use another product.

sleeper_service: please feel free to not care about what I think; in return, I promise to extend the same courtesy to you.

Cheers,
--
Durval.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 26 Aug 2015, 04:31

if you don't like the support, please feel free to send a note to customer service, and they'll be happy to refund DOUBLE your support contract price.

tyvm, perhaps you forgot to read this before mouthing off:Question about the forum: Why are you all assholes?

Return to “Support”