Feed categories are always expanded

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
udzguru
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Feed categories are always expanded

Postby udzguru » 05 May 2016, 11:55

Hi there,

I have tt-rss (latest git master) running on a Ubuntu 16.04 server. It is fetching feeds as desired and marks the feeds and the posts they contain as read when scrolling past.

A little issue I have lately is that tt-rss doesn't "remember" which way I left my feed categories. I want most of them collapsed but one category expanded. Everytime I log-in all the categories are expanded regardless how I left them in the previous session.

This behaviour is found on multiple computers running different OS (Ubuntu, Windows 7, Windows 10) on several different browsers (Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Firefox, Edge and even IE11).

Is there some setting I am missing or any way I could influence tt-rss to get my desired behaviour (back)? I don't think that it is intended behaviour that the categories are always and everytime expanded.

Addendum: It worked the desired way, before I updated the server to Ubuntu 16.04.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Feed categories are always expanded

Postby fox » 05 May 2016, 12:25

try clearing all tt-rss cookies, maybe the state one got corrupted somehow

this shouldn't be server-related in any way, tree state is saved on the client

e: since its different computers this might be somehow server-related i.e. if it can't properly access cookies or something but i have no idea how this could happen i'm afraid. browser addons or some anonymizing proxy gone crazy? idk, really.

udzguru
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby udzguru » 05 May 2016, 13:08

I just booted up a VM with a Linux live-CD and loaded tt-rss in the browser (a clean Firefox without any extensions or addons; cleared cache and cookies). Even there all categories are expanded.

If i collapse them in the desired way, close the browser window and start the browser again I have to log in again and the categories are all expanded again.

I also tried the same as above with "keep me logged in" checked at login and the result is identical.

No proxies were used, direct internet connection. I even tried several different networks (at home, at work, from mobile), behaviour is always the same. This is really weird.

udzguru
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby udzguru » 12 May 2016, 19:58

I just wanted to give a little feedback: Since one of the last git pulls everything is as it should be again. Don't exactly know when the change happened. But everything is as expected again. Problem resolved itself somehow. (BTW without deleting cookies or anything!)

fox

Postby fox » 12 May 2016, 21:05

i guess we'll never know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gsedej
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby gsedej » 15 Jul 2016, 09:48

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by gsedej on 09 Aug 2016, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

fox

Postby fox » 15 Jul 2016, 10:08

you can start with reading the rules, 2 week probation

nneul
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nneul » 05 Oct 2016, 17:58

I've seen similar problems with it rememberng the state, in my case though - it usually manifests as some of the groups being expanded, and it not being able to remember the state change for newly added groups.

Seems like there may be an issue with how TTRSS is manipulating the content of the cookie - perhaps it's failing a parse, and then refusing to store an updated one or similar?

As suggested, clearing the cookies did clear the symptom.

fox

Postby fox » 05 Oct 2016, 18:25

could be, this is handled by Dojo though so I can't do anything about it

Return to “Support”