[1.8] MySQL server has gone away

PaintedBox
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: [1.8] MySQL server has gone away

Postby PaintedBox » 13 Jun 2013, 18:24

sleeper_service wrote:how can you even hope to get help

The first and natural idea: when I upgrade from version X to version Y and something does not work after that anything must have changed in the code. The developer of Tiny Tiny RSS could help with "I have not changed anything in this area of code" or "you could try XYZ" or "have you checked / changed XYZ" or something else.

Never mind. Thanks for answering.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 13 Jun 2013, 18:33

>The first and natural idea:

I like the idea of me doing code analysis for your unsupported piece of shit hosting for free. Because you paid $2 for the android app. We can discuss support pricing in private (hint: it won't be cheap) or GTFO in the direction of Github which has all the information about code areas you could ever possibly need.

PaintedBox
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby PaintedBox » 13 Jun 2013, 18:43

Ok, sorry that I stole your time with support questions. No need to be rude.
By the way: I don't know the meaning of GTFO or Github, but ok. Greetings to Saint-Petersburg.

craywolf
Mr. Awesome

Postby craywolf » 13 Jun 2013, 20:55

PaintedBox wrote:By the way: I don't know the meaning of GTFO or Github, but ok.

This is a bit off-topic, but bare (bear?) with me for a moment.

Imagine a library. Bigger than your local library. Bigger even than the Library of Alexandria. A library big enough to hold the sum of all human knowledge, with room to spare for growth. Not only with written material, but also video and audio recordings, games, paintings, everything. And it would be open to anyone who can visit.

Now of course, a building this large would be impractical, and a collection like that shouldn't be a single thing stored in a single place. Fortunately, we don't need to store the physical copies. We can design a machine to store the information using electricity and magnets, like a microfiche but even more efficient, and which will serve up the content on demand. In fact, let's call them servers. There can be many servers, all of them dedicated to their own particular section of knowledge, allowing access and distributing copies independently.

And instead of travelling from server farm to server farm looking for what you need, we could create an Interconnected network between them, an Inter-net if you will, using electrical impulses to grant world-wide access via this web of connections.

We then need to make it easy to sort through and find the information you need. After all, since anyone can (and will) contribute, there could be millions, billions, tens of billions of pages of information - maybe even a Googol of pages! There's no way you could manually look through it all, so we'd need some sort of special server that indexes new content and allows a way to search through it to find what you need. We could call it a Googol search server.

Finally, we could create cheap, affordable terminals connected to this "web," cheap enough that schools, businesses, and even individuals could afford to have one, or even several. Since the information is on the servers, the terminals would not need to be very powerful. They could even be made to fit in your hand. You could use these terminals to browse the information available on the web we've created, as long as they are connected to the Inter-net.

If we had something like that, and you had a problem like "I don't know the meaning of GTFO or Github" for example, you could use any web-browser connected to the Inter-net to do a Googol search of the servers on the world-wide web and instantly find what you're looking for.

Sadly this remains but a dream, but one day these technologies may align and provide us all with instant access to information at our fingertips.

Note: I've had drafts of this hanging around, been trying to finish writing it for a while. I finally found the inspiration I needed to finish it.

feader
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby feader » 13 Jun 2013, 21:02

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 13 Jun 2013, 23:13

craywolf wrote: ...

Holy mother of God.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 14 Jun 2013, 02:34

craywolf wrote:This is a bit off-topic, but bare (bear?) with me for a moment.

can I steal that? can I? please please please? *begs*Image

craywolf
Mr. Awesome

Postby craywolf » 14 Jun 2013, 17:06

sleeper_service wrote:
craywolf wrote:This is a bit off-topic, but bare (bear?) with me for a moment.

can I steal that? can I? please please please? *begs*

You can steal the whole thing, man. It completely drained me of all my sarcasm for the day, I can't let that go to waste.

frzguida
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Re: R: [1.8] MySQL server has gone away

Postby frzguida » 14 Jun 2013, 18:42

mah! my english stops after few post...

Return to “Comedy bistro”