Page 2 of 2

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 15:09
by fox
Seriously, just switch to git. You need to learn literally two commands, it's not hard or anything.

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 15:22
by AndrzejL
blainemono wrote:Hey guys, let's make this AndrzejL a moderator here, he seems to know what he is talking about.


Thank You. Not sure if You are being sarcastic or not - I never can tell with humans. I am not looking for power. I would not accept moderators position if offered. My goal here is just the same as Fox's - make ttrss as good as possible however from what I see he is pushing away the biggest assets of this project. Users. Testers. Free advertising mouth to mouth. What we all need to remember is that when user comes over here and asks questions or complains its not personal. Its because he is in trouble (and possibly frustrated...). You have experienced users and slightly less experienced users. I know that at some stage many of You wanted to scream and shout and tell the latter to go and RTFM but thats not the way... I am not saying I dislike Fox. I am not saying that he is not smart. On the contrary. Anyone who can write tools like ttrss has my respect. HOWEVER his behaviour is very rude (or cold) at times and its causing me to look at him from another perspective and that is causing me to look from the same perspective on the ttrss as a project...

I hope I made myself pretty clear. I am also hoping that I being understood correctly.

Thanks for reading.

Andrzej

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 15:56
by fox
>Not sure if You are being sarcastic or not - I never can tell with humans

jesus christ

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 16:01
by pahles
AndrzejL wrote:
blainemono wrote:Hey guys, let's make this AndrzejL a moderator here, he seems to know what he is talking about.


Thank You. Not sure if You are being sarcastic or not - I never can tell with humans. I am not looking for power. I would not accept moderators position if offered. My goal here is just the same as Fox's - make ttrss as good as possible however from what I see he is pushing away the biggest assets of this project. Users. Testers. Free advertising mouth to mouth. What we all need to remember is that when user comes over here and asks questions or complains its not personal. Its because he is in trouble (and possibly frustrated...). You have experienced users and slightly less experienced users. I know that at some stage many of You wanted to scream and shout and tell the latter to go and RTFM but thats not the way... I am not saying I dislike Fox. I am not saying that he is not smart. On the contrary. Anyone who can write tools like ttrss has my respect. HOWEVER his behaviour is very rude (or cold) at times and its causing me to look at him from another perspective and that is causing me to look from the same perspective on the ttrss as a project...

I hope I made myself pretty clear. I am also hoping that I being understood correctly.

Thanks for reading.

Andrzej


Have you ever tried reading http://tt-rss.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2932

@Fox: at what time will the Bistro be open for business?

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 16:02
by blainemono
He won't write code, he won't do community management duties, yet he cares about the project sooo deeply.

Clearly what we have here is upper management material.

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 16:06
by blainemono
Hey Andrzheji, what steps would you take to make tt-rss better, nay the best project?

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 16:07
by fox
he is an Idea Man

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 16:08
by fox
blainemono wrote:Hey Andrzheji, what steps would you take to make tt-rss better, nay the best project?


1. people should be less rude
2. ???

pahles wrote:@Fox: at what time will the Bistro be open for business?


the wheels are in motion etc

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 16:16
by AndrzejL
fox wrote:jesus christ


Andrzej will suffice... I am incognito / undercover...

Cheers.

Andrzej

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 16:24
by pahles
fox wrote:
blainemono wrote:Hey Andrzheji, what steps would you take to make tt-rss better, nay the best project?


1. people should be less rude
2. ???


3. Profit!

:D

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 16:40
by AndrzejL
pahles wrote:Have you ever tried reading http://tt-rss.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2932


Yes I did and I find it horrifying... Anyway. You will do as you are pleased. Like I said I've just joined to express my opinion on the matter. Now that I did that - I am out.

Regards.

Andrzej

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 17:36
by sleeper_service
first you say you're going to leave,
AndrzejL wrote:Just wanted to say that and I am out of your hair.

and then you're back here doing more of this:
AndrzejL wrote:Image


make up your mind, baby!

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 17:39
by sleeper_service
AndrzejL wrote:
blainemono wrote:Hey guys, let's make this AndrzejL a moderator here, he seems to know what he is talking about.


Thank You. Not sure if You are being sarcastic or not - I never can tell with humans.

are you better at telling whether machines are being sarcastic with you or not?

do you encounter sarcastic machines often?

how do you deal with it?

Re: Automatic Upgrade fails

Posted: 21 Jul 2014, 17:47
by sleeper_service
blainemono wrote:He won't write code, he won't do community management duties, yet he cares about the project sooo deeply.

Clearly what we have here is upper management material.


actually, I think he's trying to become the marketing department for TT-RSS industries.

he does nothing but complain and try to fuck up something that works.... he's either marketing, or a product manager. meh, little column a, little column b.